Professional translation and interpreter services for Polish-English and English-Polish.
Sitting alongside Russian in the Slavic language family, Polish can be a challenging medium for business communication.
Global companies, large and small, rely on our on-demand Polish translation services for quick turnaround on a huge variety of Polish-English and English-Polish texts – always at highly competitive prices.
- 24/7 availability
- Order status tracking
- Immediate project launch
- Experienced, certified translators
Thanks to 30+ years’ translation and localisation experience, and thousands of certified linguists, our expert teams will swiftly and sympathetically translate your Polish texts to English (and vice versa).
- Polish is a West Slavic language from the larger Slavic family of languages, which includes Russian, Ukrainian and Czech.
- Spoken by an estimated 38 million natives, there are also significant Polish-speaking communities in Belarus, Lithuania, Hungary and Ukraine.
- Due to historical emigration, vast numbers of speakers can also be found in Israel, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, the United States, the UK and Ireland. In the UK, Polish is now the third most spoken language after English and Welsh.
- The Polish language is most closely related to Czech, Slovak and Sorbian (not to be confused with Serbian, Sorbs are a West Slavic minority in the Lusatia region of East Germany).
- Historically, Polish was an important language – both diplomatically and academically – in Central and Eastern Europe.
- The Polish lexicon has drawn considerably from Latin, Czech, Italian, French, German, Hungarian and Turkish. Currently, English words are the most common imports.
- The Polish alphabet boasts 32 letters, about a quarter of which have marks/accents (diacritics). Only about a third of these letters are pronounced similarly in English.
Polish translation facts
- Polish consists of four major dialect groups – Greater Polish (west); Lesser Polish (south and south-east); Masovian (central and east) and Silesian (spoken in the south-west and also considered to be a separate language). A further three dialect groups correspond with two border areas and some isolated pockets in Ukraine. Within these seven broader categories are numerous sub-dialects and local variations.
- Polish grammar is considered far more complex than English. Nouns are gendered and with seven cases, there are 14 possible adaptations for each one (taking into account singular/plural). Sentence order is generally SVO (subject, verb, object) but the Poles have a fairly relaxed attitude to switching around the order for emphasis.
- It is jokingly said that the Poles have made word-formation a national sport. They can take a simple verb, such as lecieć (to fly), and make words such as nalecieć (drift), ulecieć (fly away) and przelecieć (fly by).
- In spoken Polish, tightly-packed consonants make for some interesting tongue-twisters. Certain words, pronounced by foreigners, are said to provide great amusement to natives.
Polish translation and interpretation services
For professional, high-speed Polish translation, companies look no further than thebigword. Our skilled and experienced native speakers are available 24/7 for all your Polish-English and English-Polish business translation needs.
Successfully handling up to 50,000 global assignments every day, thebigword has invested heavily in innovative language technology and expert operational teams to ensure high quality outcomes, on time, every time.
With access to 15,000+ talented linguists worldwide, you can expect the perfect, native speaker to meet your specific business requirements. Our translators work around the clock to ensure all your deadlines are met.
With no upfront fees/contracts, simply choose the pricing model to best suit your project needs.
Through our vast experience as an Polish Language Services Provider we’ve gained unrivalled knowledge of translating and localising public-facing content, including websites, software and training materials. You can always trust us to ensure your messages hit the target.
Polish global marketing
Polish software and app localisation
Polish enterprise translation
Polish multimedia services
Polish e-learning localisation
Polish legal translation
Polish website localisation
Polish crowd sourced translation (CST)
Polish machine translation
POLISH TRANSLATORS AND INTERPRETERS
Qualified Polish language professionals
Contact us today to find an Polish translator or interpreter for your business needs. We deliver on time, every time, with linguists ready to assist you with: