Professional translation and interpreter services for Spanish to English.
Spanish is a beautiful language, with enormous business and cultural influence across the globe. The second most prevalent world language (after Mandarin Chinese), there are currently half a billion speakers and rising.
thebigword’s on-demand Spanish translation services serve companies large and small, with fast, accurate translations at highly competitive prices.
- 24/7 availability
- Order status tracking
- Immediate project launch
- Experienced, certified translators
Thanks to 30+ years of translation and localisation experience, and thousands of certified translators worldwide, our expert teams will swiftly and sympathetically translate your Spanish texts to English (and vice versa).
- Spanish (Castilian) belongs to the Indo-European language family and is a Western Romance language, one of a number which evolved from Vulgar Latin (the colloquial speak of classical times).
- It was taken to the Spanish colonies in the early 16th century – most notably the Americas, as well as some territories of Africa, Oceania and the Philippines.
- Spanish is the official language of Spain, Equatorial Guinea and 20 countries in the Americas, including Puerto Rico, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Cuba, Mexico and Paraguay.
- It enjoys special status as an official language of the United Nations, the European Union and numerous global organisations.
- About three-quarters of the Spanish lexicon is derived from Latin, although some 8,000 Arabic words survived after Muslim occupation of the Iberian Peninsula in 711.
- The Royal Spanish Academy is custodian of the national language and prides itself on having created the inverted question & exclamation mark symbols, unique to Spanish.
- Online use of the Spanish language has grown exponentially (by an estimated 800%) in recent years – making it the third most popular internet language after Mandarin and English.
- Forecasters estimate that 1 in 10 people on Earth will speak Spanish within a few generations.
- The increasing popularity of Spanish in Asian countries signifies its ever-growing importance as a global business language.
Spanish translation facts
- More than a few discrepancies exist between the Spanish of Spain and that of Hispanic America. Countless variations in vocabulary, slang and accents have also evolved within countries and regions.
- Unlike English, Spanish is a more straightforward phonetic language, meaning that letters are consistently pronounced the same way. However, Spanish is the more poetic and expressive of the two languages, meaning more words are often used to describe something that might be summed up in a single word in English.
- Our translators are experts in achieving the required levels of formality. Some common, everyday words in Spanish have cognates that would sound exceptionally formal in English. Only a highly-skilled linguist can decide whether to keep the literal translation or choose a more appropriate alternative.
- Originating from Latin, Spanish uses gendered nouns (masculine/feminine) and gendered articles (e.g. el/la for ‘the’). Adjectives must be assigned the correct genders to agree with their accompanying nouns and articles.
- Some punctuation rules in Spanish are the exact opposites of English ones. For example, punctuation marks are placed outside speech marks (inverted commas) in Spanish, whereas in English they must be enclosed. Our linguistic experts can ensure all your communications are free of such faux pas.
Spanish translation and interpretation services
For professional, high-speed Spanish translation, companies look no further than thebigword. Our skilled, experienced, native speakers are available 24/7 for all your Spanish-English and English- Spanish translation needs.
Successfully handling up to 50,000 global assignments every day, thebigword has invested heavily in innovative language technology and expert operational teams to ensure high quality outcomes, on time, every time.
With access to 15,000+ talented linguists worldwide, you can expect the perfect, native speaker to meet your specific business requirements. Our translators work around the clock to ensure all your deadlines are met.
With no upfront fees/contracts, simply choose the pricing model to best suit your project needs.
Through our vast experience as an Spanish Language Services Provider we’ve gained unrivalled knowledge of translating and localising public-facing content, including websites, software and training materials. You can always trust us to ensure your messages hit the target.
Spanish global marketing
Spanish software and app localisation
Spanish enterprise translation
Spanish multimedia services
Spanish e-learning localisation
Spanish legal translation
Spanish website localisation
Spanish crowd sourced translation (CST)
Spanish machine translation
SPANISH TRANSLATORS AND INTERPRETERS
Qualified Spanish language professionals
Contact us today to find an Spanish translator or interpreter for your business needs. We deliver on time, every time, with linguists ready to assist you with: