Professional translation and interpreter services for Tagalog to English and English to Tagalog.
It’s a common misconception that the Philippines has one unifying national language. Due to its complex history, there are many regional variations – making high quality translation services essential.
Our Tagalog translation services are popular with businesses, large and small. You can expect accuracy and quick turnaround on a huge variety of Tagalog-English and English-Tagalog texts – always at highly competitive prices.
- 24/7 availability
- Order status tracking
- Immediate project launch
- Experienced, certified translators
With 30+ years of translation and localisation experience – and thousands of certified translators worldwide – our expert teams will swiftly and accurately translate your Tagalog to English (and vice versa).
- Tagalog is one of the Austronesian suite of languages and the first language of about a quarter of Filipinos. It’s also a second language (or understood in basic form) by the vast majority of the remainder. In 2013, the US Census Bureau said there were 1.6 million Tagalog speakers in the USA.
- More than 300 years of Spanish occupation has lent the Tagalog vocabulary a very Spanish flavour, although it also features elements of English, Chinese and Arabic.
- In an attempt at clarification, Tagalog was adopted as the official national language of the Philippines in 1937. However, in reality, there’s still a question mark over whether it’s synonymous with speaking ‘Filipino’, due to wide variations both across and within regions.
- The written form of the language is based on the Latin alphabet and contains 20 letters.
- Spoken Tagalog is based on 33 units of sound (or phonemes), comprised of 19 consonants and 14 vowels. Vowel accentuation varies widely among communities.
- The words ‘Taglish’ and ‘Englog’ describe a spoken form of blended Tagalog and English, prevalent throughout the Philippines and especially in the cities. Combinations of the two languages vary – from the occasional use of English loan words to the complete switching of languages mid-sentence. Major companies, including Wal-Mart and McDonald’s, have been known to advertise in Taglish.
Tagalog translation facts
- Akin to most languages of the world, Tagalog is rich and quirky – full of regional variations, fascinating slang and profound proverbs.
- With four dialectic zones, and multiple spoken variations within these, a skilled and experienced translator is the most efficient way to communicate effectively.
- Superficially, Tagalog may seem an easy language to audibly understand, particularly for Spanish speakers, but reading and writing are infinitely more challenging. Sentence order and verb conjugation can be very difficult for Europeans to grasp. Formally written Tagalog documents tend to feature accent marks (for emphasis) but many native speakers simply don’t use them.
- Resources for learning Tagalog tend to be very basic, and often of poor quality, because there simply isn’t the demand. Our expert translators are available 24/7 to help you bridge the language gap.
Tagalog translation and interpretation services
For professional, high-speed Tagalog translation, companies look no further than thebigword. Our skilled and experienced native speakers will make light work of your Tagalog-English and English-Tagalog business translations.
Successfully handling up to 50,000 global assignments every day, thebigword has invested heavily in innovative language technology and expert operational teams to ensure high quality outcomes, on time, every time.
With access to 15,000+ talented linguists worldwide, you can expect the perfect, native speaker to meet your specific business requirements. Our translators work around the clock to ensure all your deadlines are met.
With no upfront fees/contracts, simply choose the pricing model to best suit your project needs.
Through our vast experience as an Tagalog Language Services Provider we’ve gained unrivalled knowledge of translating and localising public-facing content, including websites, software and training materials. You can always trust us to ensure your messages hit the target.
Tagalog global marketing
Tagalog software and app localisation
Tagalog enterprise translation
Tagalog multimedia services
Tagalog e-learning localisation
Tagalog legal translation
Tagalog website localisation
Tagalog crowd sourced translation (CST)
Tagalog machine translation
TAGALOG TRANSLATORS AND INTERPRETERS
Qualified Tagalog language professionals
Contact us today to find an Tagalog translator or interpreter for your business needs. We deliver on time, every time, with linguists ready to assist you with: