Professional translation and interpreter services for Ukrainian to English and English to Ukrainian.
In common with all the Slavic languages, Ukrainian translation requires an expert human eye to achieve high quality results
Global companies, large and small, rely on our on-demand Ukrainian translation services for quick turnaround on a huge variety of Ukrainian-English and English-Ukrainian texts – always at highly competitive prices.
- 24/7 availability
- Order status tracking
- Immediate project launch
- Experienced, certified translators
Thanks to 30+ years’ translation and localisation experience, and thousands of certified linguists, our expert teams will swiftly and sympathetically translate your Ukrainian texts to English (and vice versa).
- Ukrainian (also known as Little Russian) is an East Slavic language, the national language of Ukraine and a co-official language of Moldova and Serbia.
- More than half of its 51 million speakers live in and around Ukraine. Beyond Europe, sizable minority groups can be found in Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Canada.
- Ukrainian is descended from the ancient East Slavic language, along with Russian and Belarusian. Historically, the three shared grammatical features and a writing system.
- The language underwent long periods of subordination in the face of Russian and Polish power and it wasn’t until 1991 (Ukrainian independence from the USSR) that it was reinstated into the educational system and became the national language of government, media and business.
- Today, many natives still speak Russian but use of the national language is increasing after long periods of decline. Interest in Ukrainian literature is growing rapidly.
- The official Ukrainian dictionary contains 135,000 entries, showing lexical similarities with Belarusian and Polish.
- In common with other Slavic languages, Ukrainian is written in a Cyrillic alphabet, as opposed to the Latin script (the writing system of most modern languages).
- The Ukrainian language was officially recognised as the second most melodic language in the world (after Italian) in a 1934 Paris competition.
Ukrainian translation facts
- At least 15 distinct Ukrainian dialects exist (grouped under the broad headings, Northern, South-Eastern and South-Western). The Rusyn language (spoken in parts of Serbia, Croatia and Slovakia) is also classed as a Ukrainian dialect by some experts.
- Ukrainian grammar rules are more flexible than the English ones, meaning words can be strung together in almost any sequence. Breaking sentences into parts and gluing them back together after translation can lead to robotic-sounding results.
- English nouns have only singular or plural forms, whereas Ukrainian nouns have 14 possible variations depending on how they are used in sentences.
- Machine Translation (MT) is not recommended for Ukrainian as the results typically need reworking to create text that is natural and easy to read.
Ukrainian translation and interpretation services
Trusted by businesses thebigword is first choice for companies requiring fast and professional Ukrainian translation. Our skilled and experienced native speakers are available 24/7 for all your Ukrainian-English and English- Ukrainian business translation needs.
Successfully handling up to 50,000 global assignments every day, thebigword has invested heavily in innovative language technology and expert operational teams to ensure high quality outcomes, on time, every time.
With access to 15,000+ talented linguists worldwide, you can expect the perfect, native speaker to meet your specific business requirements. Our translators work around the clock to ensure all your deadlines are met.
With no upfront fees/contracts, simply choose the pricing model to best suit your project needs.
Through our vast experience as an Ukrainian Language Services Provider we’ve gained unrivalled knowledge of translating and localising public-facing content, including websites, software and training materials. You can always trust us to ensure your messages hit the target.
Ukrainian global marketing
Ukrainian software and app localisation
Ukrainian enterprise translation
Ukrainian multimedia services
Ukrainian e-learning localisation
Ukrainian legal translation
Ukrainian website localisation
Ukrainian crowd sourced translation (CST)
Ukrainian machine translation
UKRANIAN TRANSLATORS AND INTERPRETERS
Qualified Ukrainian language professionals
Contact us today to find an Ukrainian translator or interpreter for your business needs. We deliver on time, every time, with linguists ready to assist you with: