Many people in the UK use a language other than English at home and with the rise of global commerce, the need for multilingual contracts, forms, tenders and other legal documents is rapidly growing. Legal translation is critical for businesses and public organisations.
Numerous organisations need legal documents translating. This is often a very complex task. Even minor errors in the translation can result in potential lawsuits and legal exposure, consuming time and money and putting hard won reputations at risk.
That’s why proper professional legal translators are absolutely essential.
What Does Legal Translation Cover?
Legal translation services cover the translation of documents and texts that have legal importance including:
• General Laws
• Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights
• Judicial Transcripts
• Sales Deeds
KEY Skills of a Legal Translator
1. Accuracy – Accuracy is the single most important quality a legal translator should have. Even the slightest mistake can lead to heavy damages.
2. Speed – When the translator services are being provided for attorneys and barristers, speed is of utmost importance to ensure that all hold ups are minimized.
3. Laws of Different Cultures – A legal translator should be well versed with the laws of both the cultures to be able to translate with ease. Extensive legal knowledge is a pre-requisite for becoming a legal translator.
4. Vocabulary and Sensitivity in Cultures – Translator services are not just about translating text; when translating to another language, one has to keep in mind the cultural approaches, vocabulary and sensitive issues. Moreover, legal vocabulary and jargon varies from culture to culture; hence, a legal translator should be well versed in these fields.
5. Confidentiality – Matters of legal significance are usually confidential, and so, a legal translator should be of credible standing and is expected to maintain client confidentiality.
The importance of precise legal translation is becoming more vital than ever, especially when dealing with complex situation such as; finalising a business overseas, court interpreting, medical research, and other legal situations.
Thebigword has a highly skilled team of legal translators and offers a tailor-made translation service, ensuring all organisations receive the language support they require.
We understand the time-frames in which legal services operate and will always meet a deadline.
We ensure confidentiality and perform full quality checks throughout our service. It’s why thebigword is partner of choice to a huge number of businesses and law firms for their legal translation.
For more information on how our legal translation services can benefit your company, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.