The number one public sector language service provider
thebigword Group is the largest interpreting service provider in Europe, specialising in managing the highly demanding requirements of regulated sectors.
thebigword Group Careers
We are a global language technology company comprising of thebigword, TBW Global and WordSynk.
We’re one of the top 16 Language Service Providers globally and the largest Interpreting services provider in Europe. More importantly we are a conscientious employer with a great community.
We commit to always doing our best, delivering excellent results consistently.
We have the courage to shape a better future.
We look at the problem from a different angle.
We always tell the truth.
We empower our teams to make decisions.
Corporate Social Responsibility
“We’re proud of our work around the globe and want to ensure our company is fully engaged with its committed staff and the communities we serve.”Michele Gould, Director & Head of CSR
Join the team
How do I apply
We look to recruit talented apprentices throughout the year. Any positions will be advertised on our careers site and you will be directed to speak with one of our apprentice learning providers.
To join our linguist community, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.
We are actively recruiting for skilled, experienced Police Interpreters. To register as a police interpreter, follow the link below.
We have a number of key languages we are recruiting for, a full list is available via the link.
We are looking for Interpreters with a NPPV Level 3 Clearance, more details available via the link.
Benefits and perks
Annual leave that increases with length of service
Car share scheme
Working for thebigword
Our interview process will vary slightly dependent upon the role you are applying for, however broadly you will have the following stages:
- Telephone Interview
- Video Interview
- Face to face interview(s)
- Online Assessments
Attending interviews can be a nervous occasion, there is no need to be nervous, we are a lovely team! To help you feel as ready as possible for your interview, we suggest that you do as much research into the thebigword and position that you have applied for.
Background Checks and References
Right to Work
We will request to see your Right to Work documents. This may be requested via an online platform or at a face-to-face meeting. Documentation such as passport and National Insurance number will be requested.
Please note that we are unable to progress to offer without having seen and verified the original documents.
Security & References
References are an important part of our process and these will be taken post offers being made. We will only make contact with your referees when we have your expressed consent.
All positions with thebigword require DBS checks. Some positions may require enhanced checks, this will be advised if necessary.
Our Candidate Charter
At thebigword, we aim to give all candidates the best possible experience.
- You will receive email communications at each stage to keep you up to date about your progress.
- All candidates will receive an update and outcome of their application, irrespective of outcome. This will be completed with five days of the close date of any applications. If for any reason this will take longer, you will be informed.
- We will do our very best to talk you through any questions with regards to the interview process once that starts.
- Full feedback will be offered to every candidate we meet with.
- Applications will only be accepted via our Careers Website to ensure each candidate has the same experience.
Training and Development
As part of our company values we are constantly striving for excellence in our service and the empowerment of our staff. To display these values we work hard to give employees the opportunity to learn as they work.
Business Administration Apprenticeship
Shipley Bid Writing
CIPD HR Practices
Prince II Project Management
Agile Project Management
Joining our linguist community
To join our linguist community or learn more about linguist opportunities, please visit the WordSynk Network page or send us an email.
Work with us
We are always keen to work with local schools and colleges. Get in touch with the TA team via to discuss potential careers events.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we have committed to:
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
- Find out more about Disability Confident at: www.gov.uk/disability-confident #DisabilityConfident
Please note that thebigword Group does not work with Recruitment Agencies. For any additional information, please contact email@example.com
Frequently asked questions
Why haven’t I received a response?
All applications will receive a response within 2 working days to advise that your application has been received, if this is not the case, please check your junk items.
Do you work with recruitment agencies?
We are proud to have a successful direct sourcing model. Any agencies wishing to be considered for the PSL, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Speculative CVs will not be accepted.
I applied for a job but was unsuccessful. Can I apply again?
If your application has been unsuccessful you are welcome to re-apply after 6 months.
Can I apply direct via email?
No. To ensure every candidate has the same experience and follows the same process, all applications must be received via the careers website.
How long will the process take?
It varies depending on the volume of applications and the role. Please be patient with us – we’ll definitely be in touch with you to let you know whether you have been successful or not.
Do you have any hints and tips for interviews?
Attending interviews can be a nervous occasion, but there is no need to be nervous, we are a friendly and supportive team! To help you feel as ready as possible for your interview, we suggest that you do as much research into thebigword and role that you have applied for as possible.
Get in touch
Please contact our Recruitment Team for any information regarding our recruitment process. We monitor our enquiries inbox regularly and will respond to all requests as we are able to.
- Interpretation, translation and localisation services to help you trade anytime, anywhere
- Agile technology at the touch of a button
- Timely solutions available 24/7/365
- Strong, long-term client partnerships
- Delivering the best services every time